Intro to Diversity & Inclusion
- eBay’s First Chief Diversity Officer on Humanizing Diversity and Inclusion
Damien gives a talk (video included in the article) on how to host conversations internally that help teams define Diversity and Inclusion in humanizing ways.
- A Guide to Diversity & Inclusion for Lost and Confused Startups
Sarah provides an actionable guide to building a diverse team, with steps including: • Initiate a conversation with your team about why D&I matters • Clearly articulate your mission & values • Set goals and measure your progress • Consider whether your environment fosters belonging • Construct a diverse Board of Directors and Advisory Board • Remove bias from your job descriptions, expand your sourcing channels, and design an inclusive interview process
How to Boost D&I
- Eight Ways to Make Your D&I Efforts Less Talk and More Walk
Aubrey provides eight tactics from her experiences at Atlassian to help make sure caring deeply is coupled with acting quickly on diversity and inclusion: 1. Don't just jump on the bandwagon - figure out your why 2. Throw spaghetti to make small tweaks 3. Check - and map - your privilege 4. Dive down to the team level 5. Unpack intersectionality 6. Bring more precision to your recruiting efforts 7. Revamp JDs and sourcing to get a range of applicants in the funnel 8. Remember what the "I" stands for
- Three lessons from building a great place to work for all genders
1. Think of D&I as a key criterion for every decision you make. 2. Pay just as much attention to the small daily moments. 3. Be equally intentional about what you aren’t inclusive toward.
D&I in Recruiting
- Atlassian Boosted Its Female Technical Hires By 80% — Here’s How
• Drop the belief your company is a meritocracy. • You have to start as early as possible — which is hopefully now. • Table Stakes D&I Tactics • Advanced Strategies • Diversity Recruiting Checklist
- Finding a company with an inclusive engineering culture
This article is written from the perspective of an outside job applicant and provides a useful checklist, which can also be used internally to help predict how your D&I efforts will be perceived.
D&I by Stage